Climaco, Wilcox, Peca, Tarantino & Garofoli Co., L.P.A. has been a trusted advisor to government agencies and public officials since 1979. Our Firm has represented numerous local and state governmental agencies as general or special counsel in a wide range of public law matters. We also have experience representing non-profit and quasi-governmental clients who have partnered with government, such as Gateway Economic Development Corporation of Greater Cleveland.
Our public sector clients include state agencies, counties, municipalities, port authorities, park districts and other political subdivisions.
In addition, the Firm has represented private sector clients in public law issues ranging from appointments to office to special elections and the recall of a mayor.
Among many other engagements, our experience in government law has included such matters as: Negotiations with national sports franchises for lease and management of publically financed facilities.
- Real estate acquisition for public and private projects through eminent domain.
- Creation of enterprise zones and special improvement districts.
- Representation of municipalities in special assessment proceedings, tax increments financing agreements and proceedings.
- Negotiating agreements between political subdivisions and major utility companies.
- Counsel and representation of government agencies with regard to public records requests and open meeting laws.
- Providing counsel to, and assisting municipalities and counties with, bond and tax levies.
- Defending litigation of construction lien and bidding disputes.
- Representing municipalities in annexation, zoning, contract and taxpayer claims.
Click Here to download a copy of our Government Law and Public Finance brochure, which contains additional information on our experience in Government Law.